“Designing without understanding what makes people act the way they do is like exploring a new city without a map”
This book is an indispensable one not only for those that are starting out their careers but to any designer.
This book combines real science and research with practical examples to deliver a guide every designer needs. With it you’ll be able to design more intuitive and engaging work for print, websites, applications, and products that matches the way people think, work, and play.
The book is about very important topics that every designer should know. It talks about ways to increase the effectiveness, and usability of your own design projects by finding the answers to questions such as:
- What grabs and holds attention on a page or screen?
- What makes memories stick?
- How can you predict the types of errors that people will make?
- What is the limit to someone’s social circle?
- How do you motivate people to continue on to the next step?
I’m reading it atm, I will tell you more later …